Robyn Hood: I Love NY 11A

Hey everyone, here is another cover I painted for Zenescope Entertainment! Its for Robyn Hood: I Love NY 11A.
I wanted to push the dynamic view towards the viewer, but I don't think I exaggerated the depth enough. Its kind of a new thing for me to be trying, since I've always tried to push realistic proportions. 
Another obstacle was to paint the character Robyn in camouflage among bushes in Central Park, while still 'popping' her off the cover. My original idea was to have her half hidden in the shadows which unfortunately doesn't make her too visible. But my editor and I worked together instead to easily see her, having the background faded with less contrast. I think it works well.
I almost used colors indicative of autumn like oranges to help her greens pop, but decided it wouldn't match the other covers.
Overall I think it turned out great and I like it!
In stores April 5th, 2017
http://comics.gocollect.com/priceguide/view/967964

Cheers,
Josh

https://www.facebook.com/JoshBurnsArt/

Comments

Popular Posts