Triggerman, issue 3

Hey everyone, here is another cover I painted for Titan comics. This one is for a Hard Case Crime comic called Triggerman, a gritty 1930's gangster story. 
So I have never done a detective crime painting, and I wanted that old detective noir feel for this. Like the stuff on 80's and 90's TV when the investigator had to go on foot into a lot of places to solve his/her case. I like my layout and colors that create the overall mood in this scene. And I thought the cast shadows and gritty feel were needed to push the drama as well. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

The story here is the man with the gun, Roy, goes to the Siesta Motor Court to find his girlfriend, Lena, only to find Lena's room mate, another beautiful girl, in the bathtub; and they exchange words. She isn't too happy to be caught in this vulnerable state.

Cheers,
Josh Burns
facebook.com/JoshBurnsArt


Comments

Popular Posts